2.03.2010

Blackbird

I've had this song on repeat the past week or so...I get into moods like that and this song just fits my mood to a "tee".


Black bird singing in the dead of night
Take these broken wings and learn to fly
All your life, you were only waiting
For this moment to arrive

Blackbird singing in the dead of night
Take these sunken eyes and learn to see
All your life, you were only waiting
For this moment to be free

Blackbird, fly
Blackbird, fly
Into the light of the dark, black night


Such an amazing song...I know the Beatles' version and the Sarah McLachlan version...any others out there?

On a completely different note....
As I was sitting here, I was creeping on facebook and realized it was Doppelganger week: "Doppelganger week; change your profile photo to someone famous (actor, musician, athlete, etc.) you have been told you look like.".  And so, I spent the last 10 minutes trying to figure out who I've been told I look the most like, of the celebrity persuasion, and came up with this:


(Me, before I cut my hair and got bangs)

(and my celeb look-alike, Kerri Russel)

What does everyone think???

xo

3 comments:

Jennifer Hanson said...

Wow! You do look a lot like Kerri Russel! Similar hair and facial shape.

laerenielwen said...

I love this version of Blackbird (a capella) by Bobby McFerrin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDlINT0w-A0

There is also the Across the Universe (2007) version of it which is good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGDmTClJGOM

:D Enjoy

Amanda said...

Jen - Thanks!! =) She's absolutely beautiful, so I'm honoured :)

Tara - I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Across the Universe version...New favourite version of a song ever. It's sad, I know, but I still haven't seen this movie. It's been on the top of my list since it premiered, but I've just never gotten around to it.