3.05.2010

Hello my friends :-) This has been a hectic week to say the least. First of all....I've changed some things in my blog (hopefully you've noticed!) Some of the styling has changed, and I've added a few things here and there, like an About Me page, and a page that will eventually hold a collection of my favourite Quotes.  If anyone has any favourite quotes that they really love, send them to me either in a comment or through my email button on the side and I'll include them on the page (I'll give credit where credit is due)!  A few little decorations and embellishments added along the way, and I'm finally starting to feel at home here on No Day But Today. I'm planning on writing a post as to why I chose my blog title and what it means to me soon...but not in the middle of my craziness. Someone please remind me somewhere down the road in the near future to write on this, okay? Okay!

Anyway, like I said, my week as been extremely hectic.  In the certification part of the education faculty, classes are condensed to 10 weeks instead of the normal 13 weeks, so I'm starting my final week of my 4th year...and then after that soon to be starting my 5th and final year in university (for my double degree anyway). I know I'll go back and get more degrees and stuff eventually, but for now, the end is coming and it's coming quickly.  Back to my point....next week is my final week of classes before I start my teaching block, so all final projects, essays, assignments and presentations are due.  The faculty is a HUGE fan of group projects and presentations and I just don't seem to be having much luck with them this semester...exhibit 1.  I have a group presentation on Wednesday that I haven't even started yet, and my partner is not as enthusiastic about getting it done as I could have hoped. Good ideas, just lacks motivation. So powerpoint and I make an awesome team along with a pot of coffee and plenty of chocolate yet again.  I have no issue saying I did all the work in our self-evaluations. Another suggestion I got from a classmate who cares about her work is just not to put her name on the presentation or any work handed in. Sneaky, but it gets the point across.  I won't lie and say I'm not considering it...

In other news...I had another realization of my age. Some of you might have heard of my fall-to-earth moment when my little brother was filling out registration forms for grade 11 (?!) next year.  The other day, sitting nonchalantly on his shelf in the shower was a razor and can of guys shaving gel.  MY BABY BROTHER IS SHAVING!!!!!!! Gah! I'm not gonna get all sappy and talk about how I used to rock him to sleep and read to him and feed him and play with him and think the sun rise and set on his cute, over-sized little head....no, I won't get like that. *sniffle*  Just because it seems like the universe is trying to tell me I'm getting old...he brought home his driver's ed form the other day. (Thankfully) he wasn't at school early enough and the course was filled up by the time he got there (apparently kids were lining up at 7:30 and the poor teacher in-charge had to fight her way through to get to her office...) so I still have a while before I have to worry about that. Scary bananas though, I tell ya.

In even more news that I just realized...this is my 50th blog post!!  I honestly can't believe I've made it this far. A huge part of that is my followers...you guys keep me honest, even without saying anything, because I know you're reading and that keeps me writing :-) So THANK YOU!!! <3

Now, although I would love to stick around with you lovely folks and chat more about my fabulous life (what planet am I on?!), I have a fabulous fruit and chocolate fondue waiting for me in my kitchen.  Sorry guys, but the chocolate fondue wins, hands down. Much love, and I'll update soon!

*edit* I forgot to add that I've also added a "Blog Roll" in which I list all the bloggers who I'm currently checking in on and reading! (I had added it, but forgot to activate it).
xo

7 comments:

Snowbear said...

Darn right we're reading . . . We're keepin an eye on you! :-D

You should put the reason for the blog name on your About Me page. Under the other stuff.

Also . . . you are so NOT old. *lol*

Gnetch said...

haha. my about page is still empty. i'm gonna write something there today. hopefully. and oh, your baby brother is no longer a baby? awww... are you two really close?

And kudos on your 50 blog posts!!! awesome.

S.I.F. said...

When my baby brother got married, it about killed me! I just sat there thinking "when did this happen"! I remember him being the little kid I picked on, not someone who actually goes and get's married!

Nic Lake said...

That's one of the reasons I'm glad I don't have siblings. Then I don't have to worry about that. :-P

And as far as getting old... well, I still think I have a year or two on you. So... don't fret. You will get older. It will suck. ;-)

Amanda said...

Snowbear - LOL the first thing I thought was CREEPER!! J/k... I think I will write a post about it, then link to it in my About Me page. I want people to actually read it...if it's just in my About Me page, people who have been reading for a while and who have already read it won't see it.

Dyinetch My brother and I are pretty close, yeah. We're 6 years apart, but now that he's a teen (he's 15) we're starting to get closer because we have more things in common. We've always been really close to begin with though.

S.I.F First, I love your blog. I wish you all the luck and prayers in the world. I can't even imagine what I'll be like when my bro gets married some day...we're still trying to recover from him having his first girlfriend!

Nick Even though my brother is a pain some of the time, I wouldn't give him up for the world (thank goodness he doesn't read this thing). I couldn't imagine being an only child. Well I was, for 6 years, but now, since having him around, I couldn't imagine it. And you only have a year and a bit on me...not THAT much lol.

Nikki Neurotic said...

I have Seasons of Love stuck in my head now. So wish I had the Broadway version of Rent on dvd...

My baby brother is in college talking about becoming a cop. Now that's scary. He's 8 years younger than I am so I feel old!

Anonymous said...

hahahaha
I was just going to say the same thing about seasons of love.
But now all I can hear is Maureen moooing.
Congrats on the 50th post!